On the main square of the historical town, several building remind us to the past. The Lion sculpture stands on the North which was the first Hungarian Zrínyi monument and it was raised by public contribution of the townspeople in 1878, to the honour of the greatest hero. On its left, in front of the way that leads to the castle, the one-time posthouse can be found, in which fine art exhibitions can be seen. To the right the Town Hall towering -which was built in 1910- with the town’s crest on its frontage and with chime. The square on the south is enclosed by the Saint Rókus Parish Church with its patron saint’s sculpture in front of it. The late Ali Pasa mosque was built around 1580 and it was renovated two hundred years later in baroque stlye. Its dome is ornated by one of the greatest work of the famous painter: István Dorffmeister. The monumental fresco shows us the occupation and the liberalization of Szigetvár. In the 1500s the ’Hungarian Livius’ Miklós Istvánffy and the most famous Hungarian bard, Sebestyén Tinódi Lantos used to live in the house on the south of the square.